Video Selections, Prix de Lausanne 2019
The Video Selections will take place from October 25th to 28th, 2018 at the Prix de Lausanne’s office, in Switzerland.
The nine jury members will meet at “Le Presbytère”, the small house behind Beaulieu’s Theater where the competition’s permanent staff works year-round. Eight of them are guests, professionals from the world of dance along with the Artistic & Executive Director of the Prix de Lausanne, Kathryn Bradney.
The jury panel has four days to watch all the videos sent by this edition’s applicants in order to choose the best candidates. In the end, 70 to 80 dancers from around the world will be selected to take part in the competition from February 3rd to 10th, 2019.
Here is the panel of the Prix de Lausanne Video Selections 2019:
- Christine Anthony: former Principal Dancer, Dutch National Ballet (Amsterdam). Currently free-lance Ballet Teacher and Ballet Master.
- Patrice Delay: co-Director, Geneva Dance School and Geneva Junior Ballet.
- Kusha Alexi: Prize Winner, Prix de Lausanne 1993. Former First Soloist, Bayerische Staatsoper (Munich). Currently Ballet Teacher, BallettStadt (Lucerne).
- Leticia Mueller: former Principal Dancer and Guest Artist, Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Clairemarie Osta: Étoile, Paris Opera Ballet. Founder, LAAC – L’Atelier d’Art Chorégraphique (Paris).
- Igor Piovano: former Principal Dancer, Béjart Ballet Lausanne. Director, Igokat Dance Academy (Lausanne).
- Heberth Riascos: former Soloist, Béjart Ballet Lausanne. Currently Teacher, Geneva Conservatory, and Choreographer and free-lance Teacher.
- Sean Wood: co-Director, Geneva Dance School and Geneva Junior Ballet.