78 selected candidates!
The video selection took place from October 26th to 29th, 2017 in Lausanne with a panel of 9 jury members, all professionals of the dance world.
The candidates that applied to this video selection were 380 participants (297 girls and 83 boys) from 38 different countries. This is a record of participation! In 2017, they were 338 to apply. 69 candidates have been selected after this video selection and 9 candidates were preselected*.
They are now 78 selected candidates that will participate in the Prix de Lausanne 2018.
Discover here > the 2018 selected candidates list of names
Discover here > the 2018 candidates list of nationalities
CEO and Artistic Director of the Prix de Lausanne, Shelly Power:“Prix de Lausanne is excited to welcome 78 candidates for the 46th edition including 8 younger students. The lowered age range allows for students to enter professional schools when turning 15 years old (instead of age 16) which is often the professional school entry age. Furthermore, we split the junior and senior awards which we expect will further define potential and job readiness. We must not forget the students not selected this year and remind them that competition is only a part of a dancers life and a career depends on the will to prevail in these moments of disappointment. For those that have been accepted, we congratulate them and look forward to sharing in the personal and professional growth experience. Prix de Lausanne’s 46th edition is filled with exceptional talents inspiring us all to reach for the stars”.
We warmly congratulate all of these young dancers and wish them the very best during the upcoming months to prepare for their trip to Lausanne!
A reminder of the jury members for this video selection:
- Kathryn Bradney (Director of the Igokat Dance Academy and former Principal Dancer of the Béjart Ballet Lausanne)
- Patrice Delay (co-Director of the Geneva Dance School and Geneva Junior Ballet)
- Nicolas Le Riche (Artistic Director of the Swedish Royal Ballet, founder of the LAAC – L’Atelier d’Art Chorégraphique – and étoile of the Paris Opera Ballet),
- Leticia Mueller (former Principal Dancer and Guest Artist of the Birmingham Royal Ballet)
- Clairemarie Osta (founder of the LAAC – L’Atelier d’Art Chorégraphique – and étoile of the Paris Opera Ballet)
- Igor Piovano (Director of the Igokat Dance Academy and former Principal Dancer of the Béjart Ballet Lausanne)
- Élisabeth Platel (Director of the Paris Opera Ballet School)
- Shelly Power (CEO and Artistic Director of the Prix de Lausanne)
- Sean Wood (co-Director of the Geneva Dance School and Geneva Junior Ballet).
*Several candidates were preselected in New York (at the Youth America Grand Prix 2017), in Beijing (at the International Ballet and Choreography Competition 2017) and in Montevideo (at the official South American preselection of the Prix de Lausanne).