Video selections starting today!
The video selection process started today in the Prix de Lausanne’s office in Switzerland.
This morning, the nine jury members met at “Le Presbytère”, the small house behind Beaulieu Theater where the competition’s permanent staff works year-round. Eight are guests, professionals from the world of dance along with the Artistic Director & CEO of the Prix de Lausanne: Shelly Power.
The jury has only 4 days to watch almost 350 videos sent by this edition’s applicants in order to choose the best candidates. In the end, 70 to 80 dancers will be selected from around the world to take part in the competition from January 30th to February 4th, 2017. A pretty busy program for them!
Here are the members of Prix de Lausanne Video Selection Jury 2017:
- Jason Beechey: Rector of the Palucca University of Dance Dresden and General Coordinator of the D.A.N.C.E Programme.
- Nicola Biasutti: Teacher at John Cranko School, Stuttgart
- Kathy Bradney: Director and Founder of Igokat Academy, former principal dancer at Béjart Ballet Lausanne
- Patrice Delay: Co-Director of the École de Danse de Genève and Ballet Junior de Genève.
- Clairemarie Osta: Étoile of the Ballet de l’Opéra de Paris. Read more about her
- Igor Piovano: Director and Founder of Igokat Academy, dancer, choreographer and free-lance teacher.
- Samira Saidi: Director of Dance for the English National Ballet School. Read more
- Sean Wood: Co-Director of École de Danse de Genève and Ballet Junior de Genève.