The Prix de Lausanne wishes to confirm its unique status as forerunner in the dance world with this new competition for young talented choreographers.
The main goals of the Young Creation Award are:
- Discovering young new talent in aspiring choreographers
- Offering a unique experience to young choreographers in a privileged context thanks to the Prix de Lausanne’s expertise
- Awarding artistry in a positive and constructive competitive atmosphere
- Encouraging the imagination and creativity of young dancers to become aware of the art and technique of choreography
Due to the exceptional situation and the strict health actions taken against the COVID-19 outbreak, the registration deadlines for the Young Creation Award registration have been extended. Dates will be announced soon.
The candidates who wish to participate must create an original contemporary variation for a solo dancer (from the same partner school /company) on a music chosen by the Prix de Lausanne, and submit it on a video file until September 3rd. Up to 5 choreographies will be selected. Their choreographers and solo dancers will be invited to come, free of cost, from Wednesday, February 3rd , to Saturday, February 6th, 2021, of the 2021 competition week, where their work will be performed in front of the jury, partners and the public.
The two winning choreographies (as voted by the Jury) will become part of the Prix de Lausanne contemporary repertoire, from which candidates of the 2022 edition will be able to choose and perform to.
- The Young Creation Award is open to ballet students who are enrolled in one of our partner schools/companies (choreographers and solo dancers)
- The choreographers and the solo dancers must be born between February 7th, 2001 and February 6th, 2007
- Registration and video submission will be open until September 3rd, 2020
- Results of the video selection: September 21st
- Enrollment fee:
- 100.- (Swiss francs) for submitting the video (participants can submit as many pieces as they want but they will have to pay the fee for every submission)
- All expenses (travel, food, accommodation) of the choreographers and dancers who are selected for the YCA in Montreux will be covered by the Prix de Lausanne
- Read the Procedure
- Read the Rules & Regulations
For more info, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org