The 2017 selected candidates!
They were 338 candidates (244 girls and 94 boys) from 36 different countries to apply for the video selection that took place in Prix de Lausanne’s office from October 27th to 30th, 2016. Artistic Director Shelly Power wishes to acknowledge the valor of each applicant. “This year is a remarkable year due to the unprecedented amount of applicants wishing to take part in Prix de Lausanne. A lot of preparation goes into these videos and we wish to applaud each student’s efforts. The jury was careful to recognize the potential of each candidate and although only a select few were chosen it should not discourage others in their future goals. The Prix offers a unique experience unlike any other competition and has done so for 44 years. We congratulate those selected and look forward to the 45th anniversary of Prix de Lausanne”.
The jury of this video selection was made up of:
- Shelly Power: Artistic Director & Chief Executive Officer of the Prix de Lausanne
- Jason Beechey: Rector of the Palucca University of Dance Dresden and General Coordinator of the A.N.C.E Programme.
- Nicola Biasutti: Teacher at John Cranko School, Stuttgart.
- Kathy Bradney: Director and Founder ofIgokat Academy, former principal dancer at Béjart Ballet Lausanne.
- Patrice Delay: Co-Director of the École de Danse de Genèveand Ballet Junior de Genève.
- Clairemarie Osta: Étoile of the Ballet de l’Opéra de Paris.
- Igor Piovano: Director and Founder ofIgokat Academy, dancer, choreographer and free-lance teacher.
- Samira Saidi: Director of Dance for the English National Ballet School.
- Sean Wood: Co-Director of École de Danse de Genèveand Ballet Junior de Genève.
At the end of this evaluation, the panel selected 72 young dancers -representing 18 different nationalities- to go through to the next stage of the competition which will take place in Lausanne from January 30th to February 4th, 2017.
Complete list of their names here > 2017 selected candidates
(67 candidates finally took part in the Prix de Lausanne 2017, the list is available here.)
Complete list of nationalities for all the candidates here > 2017 candidates nationalities
In addition, Jullie Pinheiro (Brazil) and Erivan Rodrigues Garoli (Brazil) were chosen after the preselections in La Plata (Argentina), which took place from October 7th to 9th.
We would like to warmly congratulate all of these young dancers and wish them the very best during the upcoming months while they train for their trip to Lausanne!